I may have missed the explanation of this, but Monica's apartment looks very different from every other episode of Friends in episode 10 of the first season. Why is that?
The reason the apartment looks different is it's the build up to the gang's New Years Eve party and decorations are up (possibly from Christmas?). Apart from the obvious monkey...
- Red and silver tinsel around the apartment door (just off screen on the left)
- Silver star hanging from the ceiling behind the apartment door (just off screen on the left)
- Gold tinsel in the kitchen work surface
- Red Christmas lights in the kitchen
- More silver stars hanging in the kitchen
- Decorations on all of the wooden beams in the kitchen
- Some kind of tree with decorations between the kitchen and the living area
- Fake snow on all of the bay windows
- Christmas lights out on the balcony (it's worth noting these are missing from the above screenshot but appear in the scene before the credits and later on... 10/10 for set management)
- Big tree (that gets decorated later in the episode) near the bay window
- Wreath hanging from the bay window
Oh, and lots more people than usual (later in the episode, during the party).