More or less independent web dude washed ashore in Japan.
More or less recently more less than more.
More recently also less Japan and more Europe.
Full-stack developer, most heavily focussed on web development. Has a background in system administration, so "full-stack" pretty much starts at putting CPUs on motherboards, via installing and configuring the OS, writing the backend and frontend, to designing the interface. Bread and butter is PHP, current favourite stack is Python, AngularJS and Polymer; has long standing love affair with Haskell, Erlang and others. Likes tweaking nginx configuration files for some reason.
Is writing articles about topics that keep popping up regularly on Stackoverflow but seldom get the treatment they require, like:
- What Every Programmer Absolutely, Positively Needs To Know About Encodings And Character Sets To Work With Text
- The Great Escapism (Or: What You Need To Know To Work With Text Within Text)
- The Definitive Guide To PHP's isset And empty
- Handling Unicode Front To Back In A Web App
- How Not To Kill Your Testability Using Statics
Member for 4 years, 9 months
2 profile views
Last seen Oct 7 '19 at 12:27