The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is a series of films, based on DC Comics characters, that occur in a single shared universe. Use this tag for questions that pertain to any movies in the DCEU, or questions about the shared universe itself.
The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is a shared movie universe that includes a series of Warner Bros films based on characters from DC Comics (dc-comics). All of the movies in the DCEU take place in the same continuity and share the same characters, locations, and history.
The DCEU was brought into existence when Warner Bros decided that the sequel to Man of Steel would include both Batman and Wonder Woman; Man of Steel itself was retroactively made the first movie to occur in this shared universe.
Warner Bros. has laid out a timeline of DCEU movie releases through the end of 2020.
The current slate of movies projected to be released (with appropriate tags, where applicable) are:
- Man of Steel (2013) (man-of-steel)
- Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice)
- Suicide Squad (2016) (suicide-squad)
- Wonder Woman (2017) (wonder-woman)
- Justice League (2017) (justice-league)
- Aquaman (2018) (aquaman)
- Shazam! (2019) (shazam)
- Birds of Prey (2020) (birds-of-prey)
- Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) (wonder-woman-84)
- The Suicide Squad (2021)(the-suicide-squad)
- Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)(zack-snyders-justice-league)
- Black Adam (2022)(black-adam)
- Shazam! Fury of the Gods (2022)(shazam-fury-of-the-gods)
- The Flash (2023)(the-flash-2023)
- Blue Beetle (2023)(blue-beetles)
- Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023)(aquaman-and-the-lost-kingdom)
- Peacemaker (peacemaker)
Note that the DCEU does not include any DC-based movies prior to Man of Steel, and does not include any DC-based television programs except the one mentioned above. For a more detailed explanation, see this blog post.