As per the movie prologue, Uri: The surgical strike is based on a real story, but how many incidents of the movie are real and do they have the real connection?
Let's say certain events of the movie like
- Major Karan Singh martyred during Uri attack, But in the list of martyrs I see no major, most of them are sepoys, naik, Lance Naik & havildars.
- Major Karan Singh daughter sobbing during the funeral (looks a lot like Col. MN Rai's funeral, who was martyred in Palwal J&K but he is from Gorkha Reg. And not from Dogra Reg.)
- Wife of Karan Singh's emotions are way similar to Major Akshay Girish's wife & he was from 51 Engineer Regiment of the Bengal Sappers.
- It was Nagrota where the terrorists were disguised as Police cops and not military officers.
- Introduction of Major Vihaan Singh Shergill and his past missions.
- DRDO and ISRO's involvement.
I am trying to understand how much of the film is actual and how many of the real incidents are bolted together to form a conventional story.
I have referred to the list of Terror attacks