Near the end of the fifth episode of the seventh season, the characters finally decide to look for Benson in the woods of the park, so upon entering the woods Rigby says:
Guys, I think I found something
However it is not shown what Rigby found
(Before) Details of when they enter the woods:
- The characters wear jackets (see image: characters using jackets)
- "Pops" is shirtless and shows a physical improvement due to "field work"
- Characters do not carry anything in their hands
- Rigby says he found something, but nothing is shown
- "Hi Five Ghost" became the group leader (boss)
- The house of the park was completely modified, having a system of self-settlement created by the park's own employees (see image: Main house of the park (Pops' house))
(After) When the group finds Benson:
- Characters are without jackets (see image: characters without jackets)
- "Pops" is in his normal clothes and does not seem to have an improved physical body
- "Hi Five Ghost" does not seem to present any lead (which he was presenting before entering the woods)
After Benson saves them all and removes them from the dome they encounter 2 tanks of war. At this moment, everyone pulls machetes out of nowhere, remembering that they had nothing when they entered the woods.
Then I came back to see again the part when Dr Dome captures Benson inside the lab. There, Dr Dome was not sure if the experiment had been compromised by Benson, because even with Benson seeing the graphics, he was more worried about his email, so they put Benson in a simulation of actors going through the other characters to try to find out what Benson knew, but Benson ran away.
However, it's soon after Benson got away that things get strange in the episode, implying that it is a simulation within another simulation (due to the details I quoted earlier).
Everything that occurs from this in the episode made me think two things:
- Benson is still in a simulation
- The screenwriters of the series thought that the episode might be too complicated for the children (since it is the main audience) to understand and perhaps modify the ending in the last moments and follow another line in the other episodes (afterwards they did another episode about the summit and finally in the eighth season they revealed the real plan for the park and the origin of the "Pops").
What I want to know is if this was really a change of script, or did I miss an episode or lost something in the episode itself?
Maybe some pronouncement of the series creators?
sorry for my bad english, If you have anything confusing to understand let me know or edit, thanks