A large part of the events surrounding Avengers: Infinity War involve Thanos acquiring all six of the infinity stones to enact his one goal.
The six are (relevant excerpts from the wiki):
- Power: increases the user's physical abilities and allows it to manipulate energy
- Space: capable of controlling space itself, providing the user instant access to any location throughout the universe
- Time: it appeared to be able to control the flow of time, be it on a small or massive scale
- Mind: grants to the user powerful mental abilities, ... project the user's consciousness to a higher plane of existence
- Soul: Little is known of the Soul Stone
- Reality: ability to warp reality at will
Surely with a smaller subset of infinity stones he would be able to achieve the goal he wants.
Time seems pretty important, merely to stop people undoing what you did.
Then with just Space and Power he should be able to seemingly instantly (time) zip across everywhere (space) to flip a coin and "delete" someone (power, arguably he could go without and use his own fists).
He was dragging his army across space to do it all the long way, so he's no stranger to maximum effort.