Most of the Friday the 13th films seems to be same chronological order as their release order (excluding 2009's reboot) but I am confused about where Jason X and Freddy vs. Jason takes place or are they even considered canon? As Jason X released before Freddy vs. Jason but in the end of Jason X, Jason becomes Über Jason and end up on Earth II but Freddy vs. Jason seems to be taken place in Earth I only with older Jason.
According to the Friday the 13th Wiki, only Jason X is out of order.
They list the years that each film took place:
- Friday the 13th - 1979
- Friday the 13th Part 2 - 1984
- Friday the 13th Part III - 1984 (A direct continuation of part 2)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 1984 (A direct continuation of part III)
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning - 1989
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - 1990
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - 2000
- Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday - 2003
- Freddy vs. Jason - 2003
- Jason X - 2455
Jason X was clearly intended to take place in the distant future; so it makes sense that any other Jason movies that were made after it wouldn't be expected to be in chronological order after it.