In House of Cards, Frank Underwood convinces Black Caucus to play a political trick.

I am wondering if "Black Caucus" is really called "Black Caucus", as it seems a bit politically incorrect.

  • 1
  • 2
    There is a long and complicated history of describing African Americans. For example, there is an organization called “The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People”, which no one had a problem with, but it is considered very rude to refer to an African American as “colored”. This is how the culture is in the USA, not necessarily anywhere else. – Todd Wilcox Mar 18 '18 at 13:55

Well, it's officially called the "Congressional Black Caucus", if that makes it more plausible-sounding to you.

| improve this answer | |

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .