In the movie Mission Impossible (1996) we see a scene where Ethan returns to the mission base (referred as Crow's Nest by Phelps) and after understanding that Job 3:14 was a reference from The Bible, he sends emails to Max.
My Question: How did Ethan know Max's email id?
- From just the previous conversation with Kittridge we see Ethan gets to know this name "Max" and the code " Job3:14" for the first time.
- Once he returns, and once he understands that its from The Bible, he accesses "Usenet" and tries opening "Book of Job".
- On entering 3: 14 and pressing enter, an automatic email window opens (which may have been configured by Phelps himself)
- But the email window doesn't open with the recipient email id already, Ethan types "Max@Job 3:14" which implies he knew what Max's email was.
- Ethan sends many emails,but keeps the email id constant. He alters the language only.
I did a quick search in the IMDb plot holes list but the only one entry regarding sending mails to Max, doesn't quite answer this issue.