It has been rumored that every episode of Season 8 of Game Of Thrones could be ninety minutes long - making each episode comparable with the running time of full-length feature films. It seems very rare for television episodes to run longer than an hour, prompting the question - what is the longest episode of any television series that has been aired?
A list of clarification caveats:
- It doesn't matter which country created or aired the episode.
- Either fiction or nonfiction is fine.
- No made-for-tv movies (or syndication of a film after its theatrical run)
- Episodes of a miniseries (such as may be found on British TV) do count, even if they only run for a season - but it still has to be one episode.
- No episodes that were longer but were cut shorter to fit into a smaller timeslot (although that might be a bonus answer, too) - this question is looking for the longest episode according to the amount of time it was actually on the air.
- The "running time" of the episode doesn't include commercial breaks or any other sort of intermission.