I was re-watching Jurassic Park (1993) recently, trying to follow the characters' paths on a map, and noticed something a bit strange. Note this question relates to the film, not the novel.
Based on the Isla Nublar map found on the Jurassic Park Wikia (and others, as indicated below), when the group starts the tour:
- They get in the electric cars at (1);
- Enter the park gates at (2);
- Go past the no-show dilophosaurus enclosure at (3);
- Go on to the no-show T-rex enclosure at (4);
- And finally stop next to the sick triceratops at (5) where they decide to head back to the Visitor Center because of the incoming storm:
Maybe it's just me missing something but wouldn't it have been a lot easier/faster from the sick triceratops (5) to just continue along the tour route back to the park gate (2), instead of going all the way back around via the T-rex enclosure (4)?
The reasoning above seems to hold when looking at other detailed maps of the film version of the island as well: