In every live action Batman movie I remember (other than Burton's first Batman), Batman is paired with two villains. Why is this formula used? Is one villain just not dynamic enough for Batman?
- Batman Returns ('93) - Penguin and Catwoman
- Batman Forever ('95) - Two Face and the Riddler
- Batman & Robin ('97) - Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy (Bane is included, but is subordinate to Ivy)
- Batman Begins ('05) - Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul
- The Dark Knight ('08) - The Joker and Two Face
- Dark Knight Rises ('12) - Bane and Talia Al Ghul