I watched this movie decades ago on cable TV and for the dear life of me I cannot remember anything other than those assorted details:
- The movie was about two college students investigating a series of murders in a college campus.
- The killer's gimmick is that they murdered people based on their names.
- One of the victims was a guy called Burns. Naturally he was burnt alive. To elaborate: Guy was conducting an experiment late night in the Chemistry lab that went awry and set his left arm on fire. He calmly went to the emergency shower but instead of dousing him he burst into flames. Turned out that the killer had switched the shower's pipeline with a gas pipe. Hilariously, despite being reduced to a charred skeleton, guy could still move his eyes and gave a side glance like he was wondering what the hell happened.
- Another victim was a woman poisoned with toxic mushrooms. One of the main characters said something about the woman name's being related to mushrooms.
- The last victim was another woman that got shoved down a garbage chute and ended up impaled in trash. Once again the main characters said something about the victim's name being related to the way she died.
Does anything on this wall of text ring a bell?