I would like to ask if this can make anybody guess the title of a movie which was presumably published before the year 2000.
The elements which I think to remember about it, are as follows:
- Apocalyptic: the depicted world is quite miserable, crime is abundant.
- Many people have become addicted to virtual reality tapes/videos/CDs, such as porn imagery, which they can play through their digital glasses (appliances much like today's existing virtual reality glasses). In reality (such as depicted in the movie of course), those people are lying in destroyed or filthy buildings, which seems rather analogue to poor heroine addicts.
- It is almost as if the ream world does no longer entail the clean and soothing, or desirable places, products and/or situations which are depicted on the virtual reality tapes. Hence the imagery is a psychological escape from reality, for the addicts depicted.
- As the virtual tapes are trafficked, the illegal use of fire-arms is abundant.
- I deem to remember a strong depicted police force, much like a riot police; depicted quite mechanically and robotic.
- I guess there was a scene in a sort of rock/metal music bar/club, although I could be mistaken. This scene was not at the end of the movie. The scene might have ended in a shoot-out.
- I guess the final scene of the movie is a movie shot which zooms out progressively, showing massive chaos. I presume that the police force was also present there; although perhaps overtaken by the people.