This is an old horror movie (10-20 years) where a family (or maybe just a couple) move into an old wooden house and eventually find that there are 'people' secretly living there already. The house is in the middle of nowhere, so the protagonists are isolated from other people and can't reach out for help.
The 'people' living already in the house are siblings that are living in secret spaces between the walls and under the floorboards and eating rats to survive. They were trapped there as kids, and are now blind (lived in darkness for years) and don't talk (they forgot speech, just scream), and are generally crazy/dangerous. It is nothing supernatural, just abused and 'beastly' people.
The movie is in english language, and I once thought it might be some X-Files episode, although I've googled that and did not find results on it.
- Wooden house
- Strangers are visiting/moving there
- Obviously in the middle of nowhere, some field or something without help nearby
- Strangers get scared by noises and things moving
- Eventually we find that its not ghosts, but actual people
- These people lived inside the walls, under the floor, in secret passageways and leftover spaces
- They can't speak, just scream
- They're white and blind (from being in the dark all the time)
- They eat mice (maybe? there's some association with mice, I'm not sure what)