In season five of Game of Thrones, when Arya becomes blind there is a very interesting detail most of us might have missed.
Let's not stretch the question:
- Arya returns after assassinating Ser Meryn Trant
- Jaqen H'ghar "No one" comes in the scene, Waif is present as well
- Arya and Jaqen talks, he appears to be giving the poison to Arya but drinks it and dies.
- Arya cries, says he was her friend when Waif asked her something (I don't recall what)
- Waif removes her face, reveals she is actually Jaqen
- Arya removes face of Jaqen from the dead body, keeps removing it until her own face appears.
What sorcery is going on in here? How could they use a face of a person who is still alive. They remove the faces of a dead person for a reason? So that the face can be used by the Faceless-men.
Is there something I am missing or can the Faceless-men do these kinds of magic as well?