After watching episodes of TV where characters from Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Law & Order: SVU all interact with each other in a single episode I was curious if there had ever been a bigger crossover.
After scanning Wikipedia's list of fictional crossovers, I found a reference to the episode of Becker "Drive, They Said" which stars characters from three other shows (Cosby, King of Queens, Everyone Loves Raymond) on a fourth show (Becker).
My question to you, wise oracles of StackExchange, has there been single episode crossover bigger?
- All characters have to appear in the same single episode (see example above)
- I'm looking for characters (example John Stamos playing Uncle Jesse from "Full House") and not the actor playing themselves (example John Stamos playing John Stamos the actor)
- Live-action TV shows only please
Edits Based on the comments I'm adding my stipulations:
- Fictional TV shows only
- Biggest in this instance means the largest numbers of characters from different shows on one show
- An appearance in this instance would constitute at least one line of spoken dialogue from the character to count (i.e. no pictures, but I guess a telephone call between two characters would count. If that's not getting too nitty gritty.)
I'm going to give this one to @cde . One of my co-workers was worried about characters who started out as a regular on one show (say The Flash or Arrow) and then became a regular on another show (say Legends of Tomorrow) then guest star back on their original show counting...but I see some characters from the referenced Flash episode as a regular on Legends then guest on Flash later.
In closing, even discounting the late great Dwayne McDuffie's Tommy Westphall Universe and the alive and great character John Munch this was more complicated than I thought it would be. Thanks to everyone that commented.