About a year ago, I happened to watch a movie in the TV while switching between channels. Those are the details I remember about it:
- It wasn't new but also not very old, probably filmed around the 90's or 00's.
- The main character was working on some secret project, don't remember details about it, something with computers and virtual reality.
- The main character was very lonely all his life, and waiting for a phone call on which he dreamed about as a youth. I think he was also deceived by his employers, letting him believe this phone call will arrive if he'll keep working for them.
- At some point he fell in love with a virtual reality female character, and found a way to enter her world in a real way. (Sounds odd, but that's what I remember.)
- The son of his boss, a teenager, helped him with his project at some point. He became sick at some point, and the boss accused the main character.
Can anyone tell what movie this is?