I'm trying to identify a movie which I recall being terrified by when I was maybe 4 or 5 years old. I can only remember one scene, but hopefully I can provide enough information for someone to identify it...
- Probably from the 50s/60s
- Definitely the sort of thing you'd call a b-movie.
- I think it was colour, but the scene in question had a monster which I remember as being grey (or at least not very colourful).
- The scene I remember was of a monster a bit bigger than a human (it was clearly a person in an all-encompassing rubbery suit) lurching towards the camera having just come through a door. The door was backlit.
- The monster had long spikes which wobbled as it walked.
- Probably not very helpful, but it was shown on TV at the same time (but on a different channel) as The Towering Inferno in the UK some time around 1985-6. My best guess is that it was at the same time as this showing, but sadly I can't find any online archives of ITV listings from that day (which is the the most likely channel)
I know it's a bit of a long shot but this has been bugging me for years