I want to find a movie I partially and uninterestedly watched some years ago. For some reason I've been thinking compulsively about it in the last few months and want to see it again. The details in my memory about it are very scarce and probably inaccurate since I watched the movie with a lot of disdain; however I'll give it a try to see if any of you can identify it. So the things that I (very vaguely) remember are:
- The location of the movie is, with almost all certainty, Germany.
- The movie revolves around a young male who is in legal trouble in the country. For some reason I remember him as an illegal immigrant, but he could be a criminal or something who is being looked for by the authorities.
- The guy has dark hair, and I would go with black hair specifically.
- The guy falls in love with a woman native to the country.
- Said woman has blonde hair.
- In one scene, the guy is in the metro when two undercover police agents approach him, identify themselves as such, and ask him for his papers (ID or passport, I guess). The guy acts as if he's reaching for his wallet and as soon as the train stops in the next station he shoves them away and escapes.
- The guy's love interest has an ex-husband, and one day he (our guy) shows to her place unannounced and finds them having sex. In anger, he punches her ex and the guy (the ex) leaves. When our guy confronts her, she justifies herself saying that her ex was helping her find jobs (she works as a photographer or something like that, I think).
- In the last scene I can remember, the guy and the girl are sleeping together at her place until someone knocks on the door. When they open they find some policemen looking for the guy (I think they are the same agents he escaped from in the metro but I'm not sure). He tries to fool them and attempts an escape, but is ultimately captured.
- For some reason I identify the guy as Russian, but there is nothing in my memories that justifies this.
- The movie, as I remember it, didn't seem to be of the big-budget type and I don't remember any of the actors or actresses in the movie; had never seen them before, have never seen them again.
So there you go, that's all I can remember. Please take into account that my memories are very vague and cloudy, so probably the real scenes and characters in the movie don't match word by word to what I wrote above. So if you think you have seen some movie which resembles in any way to it, please leave the title in the comments; I would like to check it out.