In both movie main characters enter an abandoned area where strange physical anomalies are occurring. After watching both sequences back-to-back, I noticed that there are some common ways in which the effects of anomaly are demonstrated, including:
- The protagonists are shown the place/anomaly by a group of kids who aren't supposed to be there.
- Anomaly is shown to reduce/nullify the effect of gravity on objects.
- Kids play with bottle and the anomaly causes it to reset its physical state.
- Protagonist separates from the main group and finds a door that leads to some dark strange place.
- Rain is show to be localized in improbable ways (in Thor 2 it might have been Thor, not the anomaly).
Check the video for comparison:
Are those just very common tropes for haunted/strange locations or is there some common work of fiction from which this combination is taken, to which both movies are paying an homage?