I remember a movie that was on TV a few times when I was a teenager. I just can't seem to find it anymore on any of the lists of sci-fi movies from the 60's, 70's, 80's. Maybe anyone here can help.
Some things I think I can remember :
- The plot revolved around an immense spaceship.
- It has no inhabitants except some kind of lunatic man / captain.
- A few persons come aboard this ship. Maybe as a result of a catastrophe on their own ship or because they where sent there
- It seemed as if the ship was "alive". Either it was this man who had his own persona fused with the ship or it was his mother... there was something with his mother if I remember.
- I recall scene's of gigantic hallways inside the ship, very light and bright, meant to be very impressive.
- The film was presented on TV as a sci-fi masterpiece but since I can't seem to find it on any of the "top 100 sci fi" lists this may have been an overestimation of the time.
- I think it was around 1985-1990 that I was it on TV in the Netherlands. That would give you a clue as to the release date. I don't think it's anything post 1985.
- English language... almost certainly American / Holywood made.
Hope anyone here can remember.