I'm looking for the in-universe answer to "How long has Alice (as Alice or her clones) been fighting against the Umbrella Corporation?"
- Alice spends several hours negociating the hive before being apprehended near the exit.
- She wakes up a day later in Racoon City Hospital
- Picks up right where the first movie ended, with Alice exiting the hospital
- Fights for the entire day and night
- In the morning the helicopter goes down and Alice is recovered by the Umbrella team.
- Three weeks later she awakens and escapes the Umbrella facility
- Five years after the initial outbreak the world is a wasteland.
- Alice and the motey crew band together for a few days.
- After Umbrella's attempt to apprehend Alice in Las Vegas, Alice decides to take the fight to them
- Alice discovers her clones
- Alice and her clones travel to Tokyo to confront Albery Wesker (presumably this takes at least a day to get from Nevada to Japan)
- The facility is destroyed and all of the clones perish
- 6 months later Alice goes to Alaska to find the supposed safezone
- After meeting up with Claire, they both decide to head to LA
- Upon defeating Wesker Alice decides to setup a safe haven on the Arcadia
2d + 1d + 3w + 5y + 2d + 1d + 6m + 1d = 5 years, 7 months (or 6 months and 4 weeks). Give or take a few days for traveling to Japan, traveling to Las Vegas, and other unknown time frames.
With the release of Resident Evil Retribution on September 14, 2012, no doubt Alice will spend even more time fighting the Umbrella corporation.