I need a real movie-buff on this one. I'm looking for movie which concerns a man who is recruited to try and talk to a captured alien. Now this is where things are getting a little hazy so I'll just list the things I remember clearly:
- The protagonist was abducted and he was sought out for this reason.
- The alien refuses to talk for many sessions.
- The alien was of the small grey type that are very popular today.
- The alien was dressed in a silvery suit with some type of decals, possibly red in color.
- The protagonist dresses up like the alien in a desperate attempt to jumpstart communications.
- The alien finally speaks to the protagonist but does so telepathically.
- The protagonist does not disclose this information to his handlers.
- He elects to free the alien instead.
- The alien has powers to obscure the minds of men and can put a different face and even voice to the protagonist.
- The alien is slowly dying.
- The alien thinks trees are beautiful.
- The alien believes he will dream of trees when he dies.
- There was a female love-interest that they picked up along the way, possibly a carjacking.
- The woman quickly realizes the stakes and begins to help the fugitives.
- I don't remember the ending but I do remember them getting very close to the alien spacecraft.
Can anyone help me with a title here? It might be a TV-movie. I've tried my damndest to find it myself - I've even gone through entire lists of movies featuring aliens on Wikipedia but with no luck which I why I think it might be a TV-movie.
Thanks and a happy new years to all.
19/1-15: Post edited for clarity. Information added. Spelling check. Errors removed.