I'm trying to find a movie which I watched around 2008-2009 winter with the following details:
- The story starts 50-200 years before today. There is no electronic devices around.
- The protagonist was a middle aged man who is very knowledge about mechanical devices; specifically on about something that I can't remember. Maybe about clocks.
- He works many years on the time machine. People around him say that he is wasting his life, he is a loser in life.
- He uses a special part as the core of the machine, which I totally don't remember.
- The time traveling device was consisting of metallic frames. I think it had a spherical geometry. There was a seat at the center of it. I remember some parts of it rotating once it is activated. Lots of warm white light come out of it just before the time travel.
- During the time travel, the device doesn't change physical location; it stays in a fixed point. When you are traveling to future, you see objects around you aging fast. Maybe there was a scene which shows a rotting apple or something like that.
- The man travels to a very far future. Where the Moon was partially destroyed (may be not). Some people immigrated to Moon. Remaining ones are living like cavemen. The protagonist arrives to a valley among high mountains. Soon people come out of caves on those mountains and introduce with him. He helps those people greatly by solving a big problem of theirs.
- I remember him traveling an even further future; maybe 1.000.000 years after our time.