Set in the arctic / Antarctic with several different huts and a team of scientists. Slowly they get struck down by a mystery virus which turns them into monsters who's tongues shoot out even when their heads are cut off. This enables them to drag them across the floor. I saw this on TV about 25 years ago and would love to know what its called please.

  • 1
    Do you mean the horror classic The Thing? – Walt Oct 6 '14 at 19:16
  • Thanks Will / Walt, that's exactly the movie. Watching that clip on YouTube was still as scary today as it was back then. Now all I need to do is tell my son about it ! Thanks again. – martin Oct 7 '14 at 9:03

That sounds like John Carpenter's remake of The Thing, (1982).

Scientists in the Antarctic are confronted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of the people that it kills.

There is a scene like you describe, with a severed head pulling itself along the floor with a long prehensile tongue. You can watch that clip here.

  • Greatest movie clip ever. – PoloHoleSet Nov 17 '16 at 19:50

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .