Okay, so this has been eating me alive all night. There is an actor who I like, but can't remember his name, or even what I've seen him in. I know, I know; I must no like him very much, then. Well, he's fun. Anyway, let me describe him and the roles he has played (it should make this question very search-friendly):
- He talks almost exclusively out of the right side of his face. That is to say, he seems to angle his mouth 20-35 degrees to his right every time he says something.
- He is caucasian and from either Canada or the U.S.
- He is short-ish. I would say he's maybe 5'5"-5'7"
- He is also plump-ish, and has a noticeable slouch to his neck
- He has seemingly greasy, black hair, which is almost always combed down straight into his face, but is relatively short.
- He has a very prominent nose.
- I have only ever seen him in television shows.
- He has played, from what I can remember: A mayor, a presidential or congressional(can't remember which) candidate, and various office-worker roles.
- He has played serious characters and quirky, silly characters.
- His roles are usually integral to the story arc, but are never main-characters. As in, he often helps the main character, or provides a short-term antagonist.
- He likes to sit with his elbows on a table and his hands draped over one another in front of his neck/face. Often gesticulates, but not wildly.
- His voice has a relatively nasal quality to it.
- Is in his late 40s to mid 50s.
This is actually the reason it's been eating me alive. The lecturer in this series looks like a skinnier version of the actor, down to the talking out of the side of his face and the prominence of his nose. It's stupid, but that doesn't make it any less nagging. The lecturer looks so much like the actor that they could be the same person; the lecturer being a younger version. They look so similar that I actually tried to see if the lecturer was related to any actors.