Some square like symbols similar to the ones discussed in this question:

example of 5.1 surround sound image

These appear on the back of physical media, for example DVDs, with various number of little solid squares indicating how many channels of audio are included.

Any hints on what they are called? googling "movie, symbol, subtitle, dolby" etc. brings up completly irrelevant results.

1 Answer 1


You are referring to the sound mode icon.

An example:

enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .