In this scene in Malcolm in the Middle, Malcom asks Lois to buy him boxer shorts and Lois refuses.
However, in other episodes, Reese is clearly wearing boxer shorts:
Why did Lois refuse to buy boxers for Malcolm when she appears to have bought boxers for Reese?
- Was Reese Lois' favorite son?
- Were they really that poor that only Reese can wear boxer shorts? The dad didn't wear boxers. Malcolm and Dewey didn't wear boxers. Francis was away in the military academy.
- Didn't she care that Malcolm would have resented Reese because she buys boxers for Reese but when Malcolm asks she says no?
- Did Lois and Malcolm become enemies in an episode I missed?
- At the end of the episode, Lois finds out Malcolm likes a girl. She says she said no to Malcolm wearing boxer shorts because he shouldn't be faking things like wearing boxers just to get a girl, especially since he is still in school. However, she gave this reason after she finds out about the girl, not before.
Please help. I think I might have missed an episode that explains Lois' decision.