When a character makes a decision to do something, we see actors looking down and then blinking and looking forward at the same time. I think I often see this in English dramas.

Is there a name given to this specific shot?

It wasn't strictly drama, but the first thing I thought of was the Metal Gear scene:

Solid Snake looking down pensively Solid Snake looking into the 'camera' decisively

1 Answer 1


It's a regular close-up. The 'shot' comes from the actor's performance, not from camera work.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .