I've watched A Quiet Place 2 yesterday and I was confused around the core plan by Regan. The way the film presented it:
- There was a working radio station on an island, traced via the radio signal frequency and "Beyond the Sea" hint
- Regan took her hearing aid and portable radio the island
- Once there, she was supposed to change the radio broadcast but was interrupted by the monsters
But... what was she supposed to replace the broadcast with? Possible options:
- A recording of the monsters. Not possible as she didn't have a recording of that sound. They did use the hearing aid to kill of a few of them, but neither Part 1 nor Part 2 showed them actually making a recording.
- Generic microphone feedback noise. Was that enough to kill the monsters though? Or did they need to use their own feedback for that to work?
- A set of instructions like "hey, use hearing aids to defeat them!"
Was it ever explicitly stated or implied in the movie?