In the movie Molly's Game, Molly gets beaten up by a mobster after she turns down their initial offer for protection. What happens is:
- Molly turns down mob's offer and returns to her upscale apartment.
- The front desk man tells Molly she has got a package coming up.
- Molly gets back to her apartment and opens the door when someone is knocking it.
- Molly gets beaten up and some of her money are taken away.
- Molly hides in her room for a few days to mend her wounds.
- Molly gets out of her apartment, on her way out, the front desk guy talks to Molly again. She turns around put some cash into his pocket, pat him on his shoulder and says: I guess I did not tip you enough last Christmas before walking off.
Why does Molly do this? Especially the way Molly pats his should and he looks down in shame?