Let's compare Knight Rider and Batman.
- Batman wore a mask. So did Michael Knight because he had a face transplant that changed him from Michael Long
- Devon in Knight Rider = Alfred in Batman
- Knight Corp in Knight Rider = Wayne Corp in Batman
- Knight Corp truck = Bat Cave in Batman
- Both Batman and Michael Knight have no super powers
- Both Batman and Michael cannot fly; but both can glide or raise themselves with technology; Batman uses his cape; Michael uses his car KITT.
- Both have a high tech car
- Both Batman and Michael fight crime as loners outside of the legal cliques
- Batman has Robin as his sidekick; Michael has KITT
The only difference to me is the lack of a Joker in Knight Rider; there was no consistent villain, only short term ones in Knight Rider such as Goliath or Karr.
So my question: did the creators of Knight Rider use Batman as a template?