In Avatar, I don't understand why Neytiri was going to kill Jake.
- Avatars regularly went on day time field trips
- They carried weapons b/c the wildlife was the main threat
- There was no mention of an Avatar being killed by Na'vi
- Finally: When Norm asks Grace about the Na'vi when they first go into the woods of Pandora, Graces says,
I am sure they are watching us now.
So, we are told that the Na'vi are most likely always watching them, which to me says that they are not in any danger from the Na'vi.
BUT, after Jake escapes the Banator attack, we see Neytiri about to shoot Jake with an arrow. Considering this,
- It was still daylight (We are led to believe that night ops are not sanctioned and we do not know for what reason. It could be that the Na'vi are trained to kill at night? Speculation on my behalf)
- Jake had yet to upset the wildlife which Neytiri was angry at
So, what was the reason for Neytiri to kill Jake? Were the Na'vi supposed to kill the Avatars on sight? Or was this a spontaneous decision by Neytiri?