In Pirates of the Caribbean, after Hernán Cortes further continued the killings on the Aztec empire, did he take the treasure or not? And how did the treasure finally end up on Isla De Muerta?
Not an official source but this should give you a ballpark idea of actual years when real world events happened versus fictional timelines
- Hernán Cortés conquers the Aztec empire with his armies and wielding the Sword of Cortés.
- The Aztecs deliver to Cortés a stone chest containing 882 identical pieces of Aztec gold, as blood money to appease his slaughter. When Cortés refuses to stop his conquest, the Heathen Gods place a curse upon the treasure, so that anyone who took but one coin from the chest would become undead skeletons. The treasure ultimately ended up on Isla de Muerta.
- James Norrington is promoted to the rank of Commodore. Jack Sparrow arrives in Port Royal prior to the Black Pearl's attack. Elizabeth Swann is kidnapped, and Will Turner recruits Jack to help save her. Jack assembles a crew at Tortuga, who set sail in the commandeered HMS Interceptor.
- During the voyage to Isla de Muerta, Jack and his crew sack the Earl King, with Jack and Will posing as members of the Royal Navy.
- Jack ultimately confronts Barbossa at Isla de Muerta. Turner lifts the curse, allowing Jack to kill Barbossa and his crew to be killed or captured by Norrington's men. Jack escapes a hanging with Will's help, and rejoins his crew. Will and Elizabeth pledge their love to one another. Jack the monkey takes a coin from the chest and becomes cursed once more.
There is roughly 200 years of history between the events of the Spanish conquest and the events of the first movie. In 200 years of story, those coins exchanged many hands but the curse led Barbossa to gather them all at Isla de Muerta for the sake of the story.