There are a number of supernatural events that happen as the plot of The Devil's Advocate unfolds, all of which center around John Milton's power.
Some examples of these:
- Mary Anne & Eddie seeing characters "morph"
- Mary Anne being visited and attacked by John while he is also in the courtroom (since Kevin sees him there)
- Mary Anne seeing the boy in the apartment at night
- Pam disappearing behind Kevin
- Kevin seeing a normally busy street completely empty
Are these supposed to be real (actually happening as depicted), illusions created by John, or hallucinations which each character sees only because John has got into their head?