Professionally, I am a long time contract software engineer. My other interests include:
- filmmaking: I have made dozens of personal travel videos, as well as helped produce, storyboard, capture and edit sound, and edit a two hour storyboard animatic for a film club. Also, I have appeared in several Hollywood films as a background actor ("extra") in Untraceable, Leverage, The Hunted, and a participated in a half dozen local projects which no one has heard of.
- scuba: I am a scuba divemaster with thousands of dives experience; also I have assisted instruction of hundreds of student scuba divers, and led dozens of scuba boat expeditions on the Oregon Coast or in Washington's San Juan Islands.
- aviation: more than two million miles on commercial airlines, plus private pilot
- bicycling: I really love getting around by bicycle, often as a commuter, but especially to bicycle in remote locations like near the Oregon Coast, in the mountains, or in Central or Eastern Oregon's wondrous beauty.
- snow sports: I thoroughly enjoy the Oregon Cascades year round, but winter provides special magic. For eight years I was a (part time) ski instructor.
- travel: visited at least 34 countries for a lifetime cumulative total of about two years, mostly Europe. There are about 12 U.S. states I have not yet visited.
19 What is the meaning behind Pussy Galore's name? nov 8 '13
11 Why is Claire at Clean Water Initiative? jul 21 '13
11 Why does James Bond use his real name? may 16 '13
10 Why does Dr. Lamar go along with Vincent's deception may 14 '13
9 The Quiet Earth conclusion analysis aug 6 '13
9 How can Adamantium be cut? jul 30 '13