This is a long-shot, it's been in the back of mind bothering me for a long time...
I was at a cinema in the 90's, seeing either Pulp Fiction ('94) or The Net ('95) or something like that, and I remember a trailer or some advert but can't remember specifically what it was for.
The basics are:
- a boy commits suicide by jumping off an apartment building;
- meanwhile a man on a lower floor in the same building is arguing with his wife;
- the wife pulls a shotgun out and tries to shoot her husband;
- she misses her husband, but the shot goes out the open window killing the boy (who jumped to commit suicide) on the way down;
- the woman is then seen handcuffed and taken away by police for the murder of the boy who wanted to commit suicide;
- maybe a New York apartment block.
The concept really interested me but I was never able to remember what it was for.