I'm trying to remember a sci fi movie I saw all or at least most of on TV some time in the last two years. I don't remember all of the details, but here's what I've got:
- The protagonist is a female detective (blonde if I remember right)
- She has a friend/partner who appears as a bald monk-looking guy virtually but she later meets to find that he is heavily overweight and has been living on a boat connected to the internet and to feeding tubes (something about a plexiglass table with colored lights in that scene)
- At some point she gets stuck in some kind of cyber mind trap in which she meets a fragment of her partner's mind that was left there to help her escape.
- There is also something about an assassination attempt on here by some Chinese syndicate member and a scene or two in which the syndicate leaders (one of whom is a woman) are playing some sort of chess-like game for control of the city/country.
- There is also a scene where she meets an uncle or a friend's uncle outside of the city (the house is surrounded by plants) and they are attacked there.
- The setting is a somewhat futuristic city (that seems like an asian port city, if I recall) and there is a scene where she is video chatting with her partner where the windshield of the car has a HUD which she is using to chat.
It is possible that I am conflating two movies, in which case both films would be good if possible, so I can untangle them in my memory.
Also, there is something involving her partner and dolphins.