Movies & TV Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for movie and tv enthusiasts. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I love The Big Bang Theory, and consider myself to be pretty geeky, but I can't for the life of me figure out what this is. Could someone ID the prop circled in this picture?

enter image description here


locked by TylerShads Jan 10 '13 at 22:20

This question exists because it has historical significance, but it is not considered a good, on-topic question for this site, so please do not use it as evidence that you can ask similar questions here. This question and its answers are frozen and cannot be changed. More info: help center.

At just a glance it looks like a 66-block, but it is definitely not – TylerShads Mar 21 '12 at 4:44

On the wall in the living room of Leonard and Sheldon's apartment is an antique fuse holder with fuses.

This odd item was the subject of much discussion by fans who couldn't work out what it was. Eventually, someone identified it on Twitter.

Here's the link of Big Bang theory wiki page.

Look closely, each row has a fuse connected from the left to right. Each fuse is bolted to it's connection on the terminal block with two bolt. Each fuse has two eilets (one on each side) where it is bolted onto the terminal block (or strip).

Give a look here

Here's the photo linked there: enter image description here

Wow. I'd like to know the guy that got that photo. Great answer! – Iszi Mar 21 '12 at 12:36
+1 for the nice detailed answer:) – Vijin Paulraj Mar 21 '12 at 14:29
I was thinking it looked like fuses, but I wasn't 100% sure.... – DForck42 Mar 21 '12 at 20:13
+1 for awesomeness.. – Soner Gönül Jan 9 '13 at 19:10

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.