It was a live action film set in the US. I saw the first part of it about 25 years ago on TV. I only saw the first part and am keen to watch the whole thing. The below scenes are all from the first half and hour or so:
- It began with a woman being told by a doctor that she did not have, I think, cancer. She is not happy.
- Later she is sitting on a bench and is approached by a man, I think he was French or he at least had an similar accent. She is looking at the floor when he starts talking to her and she jumps and shouts "Don't kill me!". He is bemused and says that anyone who shouts that as a stranger could probably do with help.
- It turned out that she thought she had cancer so had hired a hitman to kill herself but did not know how to track him down to stop him now she knew she was healthy.
- The man who approached her was a police officer who offered to help her. In my memory he looks and sounds like Ricardo Montalban but I am not sure how reliable that is.
- He tells her to always walk on the wallside of him and as soon she should always get in the back seat of the car and duck down immediately,
- As he took her somewhere he noticed that they had seen the same blond man in two separate locations doing something innocuous, the second time he was reading a newspaper.
- She does not believe he could be the hitman as he looks too nice, the police man is exasperated and reprimands her for being so naive.