I don't understand the relationship between Max Cooperman and Ryan McCarthy.
At the beginning of the film scene they appear to be on good terms
- Ryan is observing the fight Jake interupts
- Max and Ryan are very friendly at the party
However later in the film he becomes friends with Jake and the rivalry develops
- He sees (and presumably knows) Ryan beat up Jake in the bathroom
- He's aware of the rivalry and Ryan's determination
- He knows of the friction with Baja/Ryan/Jake
Knowing this why would he agree to join Ryan at his house (leading to his hospitalisation)? It he being naive or is this simply being used to tell the story?