We watched Beautiful Creatures last night, I've read the book and even I was confused at points. Extra ideas were added, large amounts were cut.
- Marilyn and Ama's characters were merged
- Macon was made a caster instead of an incubus
- Boo Radley didn't appear at all
- Ethan found the necklace at a different time
- Ethan played football instead of basketball
- Larkin didn't surprise us at the end
- Ethan's father didn't appear at all (this again led to a changed ending)
- The scene where Macon read Ethan's future didn't occur in the book
- The entire idea of Ethan losing his memory didn't happen in the book
- Emily and Ethan didn't date in the book
Compared with book adaptations such as Harry Potter and Twilight it seemed to change a massive amount from the book. Why is this?