From everything I can gather about the genesis of this Justice League movie is that it has been a long and arduous project.
In 2007, the project was talked about and started slight development in order to start filming before the major writers strike. Due to this, it seems, the film was put on "indefinite hold".
Further, they attempted to get some kind of cast list together as well as "announce" plans to make a Justice League film that never came to fruition and became overshadowed by Nolan's Batman as a result due to rumors running wild and confirmation that this Batman would not be a part of the Justice League at all.
However, with the relative success of Man of Steel, and prior to that, Snyder stated that if it did do well, he would be looked to in order to put together the connected universe of this live-action Justice League.
It has also been confirmed that Nolan, Bale, and Ryan Reynolds will not be a part of this Justice League film at all. Due to his involvement of producing Man of Steel it would not surprise me if Nolan had some creative input however.
What is confirmed for now is:
- DC characters do exist in the Man of Steel universe.
- David S. Goyer has been hired to write the film
- Henry Cavill will play Superman
- A different Bruce Wayne (think alternate universe) does exist in this universe.
- The actor that portrays Green Arrow on the show is in talks to try to get his character involved in this Justice League.
- Nothing has been confirmed about Green Lantern other than Ryan Reynolds declining reprising his role as Hal Jordan.
- Snyder will most likely be the front runner of this series as was Whedon to The Avengers
- Man of Steel 2 is aiming for a 2014 release.
As far as it being intentional, the knowledge that Bruce Wayne exists would lead anyone to believe that he is still the billionaire that is most known throughout Gotham City and would have something like a satellite in space. If you notice as well there are several Lexcorp items like a truck that gets destroyed and a building with the logo on it.
I also read somewhere (I have to find it) that some of the characters of the Daily Planet were smaller known DC characters so that hardcore fans have something to look forward to and reference the fact that this is possibly the true DC universe on film, characters and all.